Online Debate Competition for School Students
Virtually Safe is organizing a an online debate competition to engage with school students and understand their perspectives on internet safety issues. This competition is open to all secondary school students with any level of skills.
Debates have always been a structured intellectual discussion between two individuals or two parties having opposite views on a single topic. The goal of these debate is to inspire conversations and engage young people to raise their voice and share ideas and thoughts on how to help internet users especially young people stay safe and secured online.
Win a Cash prize of N50,000 plus amazing consolation prizes
Write an Essay on the topic: “What I will do if i had the power to keep everyone safe online” Add your contact details to your essay so we can reach you easily.
Send your essays to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2021
The top 20 entries will be contacted to participate in an online debate competition.
To be eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a student of age between the range 12 and 19
- Have good English skills and capable of having long verbal conversations.
- A Personal Computer or laptop with a clear microphone that can pick up voices clearly, or some other type of device which can achieve similar results (such as Bluetooth headphones/earbuds)
- A camera with good specifications connected to the PC or for laptops the one attached to it will suffice.
- A stable internet connection.